Friday, October 10, 2008

Day 40

I love the number 4 – it represents balance to me. Which leads me to ask: How balanced do you feel?

I think of standing on a firm foundation of faith - a square, with each corner representing an area of my life: work, finances, health and relationships. My job is to make sure those corners stay squared so I am balanced.

In sewing, after I have stitched a corner, I then turn the material right side out and poke a blunt ended object into the corner from the inside to make sure the corner is pointy.

In life, I see the foundation of our lives as Spirit. Spiritual Mind Treatment, meditation, and affirmations or setting intentions is our way of poking out the corners to make sure our foundation is squared.

We’ve been focusing on one corner – health - yet paying attention to our corners equally brings balance into our lives. I’m sure you’ve noticed that when you pay attention solely to one, the others come out of balance as well.

The easiest way I know of to be in balance, is to remember who we are. As Emmet Fox wrote in The Golden Key …. Instead of thinking about the problems, think about God instead. Think about all the qualities of God you appreciate, and let your corners be squared and your life be in balance!


Affirm: God Life is expressing as me right here and now.

No comments: