Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 10

Dr. Candace Pert, in the Molecules of Emotion, writes that forgiveness is a key bodymind concept in healing.

Just as I am typing this, a friend from the Philippines, who I’ve known for many years, pops up on instant message. When I told him what I was doing he said “Forgiveness will restore one’s health – personal experience speaking.” I asked him if I could share his story, and so here it is.

In late 1989, Lee went to the doctor for a lump on his throat that kept growing. It was walnut sized! He was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Very soon after his diagnosis, Jerald Jampolski’s book Love is Letting go of Fear came into his life along with Louise Hay’s You Can Heal Your Life. He decided to “try it.”

This led him into getting involved with A.A., and working on getting rid of resentments as one of the requirements to “stay sober.”

From the day he completely surrendered his rage and anger to God, and decided he would be willing to “try it”, it only took two weeks for the cancerous lump to disappear. That day was Dec. 27, 1989 – The doctors had told him he would be dead by Christmas.

It took him two years to become brave enough to go back for a check up … and when he did, they said “You don’t have any cancer.” He’s now been sober and healthy for 18 years and 9 months.

In so many of the healing experiences I am aware of, forgiveness has been the key component. One doesn’t have to have a drastic diagnosis to affect change in their lives, yet that’s often the way it seems to happen. How fortunate we are to be in a position to do the healing work now, before it gets to that place.

If you haven’t made your list of people to forgive – now is the time to do it!

Today I’d like you to reflect on WHY you want to be healthy.

Affirm with me:

I am willing to surrender everything that is unnecessary for my highest good.

No comments: