Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day 24

This morning I woke with a backache. Those that know me, know that over the years (since I had a car accident in 1975) I have experienced times of great pain because of my back. The last time was about two years ago, when I woke to find myself twisted and in excruciating pain. I hadn’t fallen, bent over wrong, or done anything to cause it that I knew of. After months at the chiropractor, my spine was straight again, and I have felt stronger than ever.

Today I found my mind filling will fear. What if that horrible experience is coming back? What if I’m not as healthy as I think I am? What is something else is wrong?

When I noticed what I was doing mentally, I realized I’d better change my thinking – fast!!

I sat in meditation which led me to doing some yoga stretches. While I did them, I complimented my back for being strong, for carrying me through my days. I blessed my spine for keeping my nervous system protected. I gave my body love. While I was doing these things, I felt myself calming down, and becoming relaxed on all levels. At this moment, my back feels wonderful!!

Ernest Holmes wrote that we should focus on the results we want not on the appearances! Yet sometimes it’s hard not to focus on what ‘is’ at the moment. Those thoughts I was having were not new ones either … I’ve been there before.

This was such a clear example for me of the energy I radiate – I felt heavy and distressed when I was considering possibilities I wouldn’t like …. And I felt so much lighter when I changed my mind!

How about you? How easy is it becoming for you to recognize when you are contributing to the situation with your thoughts? Let’s let Spirit help us, so we can more quickly change our minds!

Affirm: Divine Mind now assists me in gently moving back into thinking thoughts for my highest good.

No comments: